A Powerful New Tool for Health Care Professionals
The DPA Photo-Plethysmograph is a FDA approved device used to measure and analyze pulse waveforms and heart rate. It provides information regarding changes in arterial blood volume and vascular resistance by way of a non-invasive, infrared light fingertip probe.
The measurement probe consists of a light-emitting diode (infrared LED) and a photodiode placed on opposite sides as a light receiver. The light from the LED is transmitted through the tissue at the sensor site. The Photodiode detects the changes in the amount of light absorbed by hemoglobin, which forms the PTG.
The DPA converts the changes of transmitted light into a waveform and displays digital values of pulse rate as well as a graphic display of the pulse waveform and indices on the LCD screen. The DPA also displays the second derivative pulse waveform (Accelerated Plethysmograph – APG) to provide a better evaluation of arterial aging.
By using a PC based DPA expert software program, the DPA is able to measure Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and provide the quantitative analysis of the stress response by time and frequency domains. It indicates the regulation status and balance of the autonomic nervous system.
DPA Expert Characteristics
1. Early stage exam of cardiovascular diseases by automatic waveform measurement / analysis
- Early diagnosis on arteriosclerosis, high blood pressure, peripheral circulatory disturbance by PTG (Plethysmograph) and APG (Accelerated Plethysmograph) measurement
- Analysis on blood circulation status by PTG
- Analysis on blood vessel aging status by APG
- Ability to plan the treatment and follow up the patient under treatment in early stage
2. Balance exam of autonomic nervous system by HRV(Heart Rate Variability)
- Saves the HRV data and analyze its data in terms of time and frequency domains in 5 min.
- Body response on stress evaluation
- Statistic process capability on the activity of the autonomic nervous system by quantitative analysis
- Easy to evaluate the treatment methods or effectiveness of medicines
3. User friendly operation
- Simple exam procedure
- Quick 1 – 5 minute(s) measurement time
- Convenient operation by automatic measurement / analysis
- Simple and fast operation by using Window software
- Easy management of patient Database
Covered by Insurance
Insurance code information is provided in the manual and your patients can use their insurance to cover the costs of this easy-to-administer test. See the CTP Codes Here
This device is FDA approved.
Our device uses a small clip that you place over the patients finger which detects the changes in pressure, blood flow and velocity through the full arterial pulse wave cycle.
Pays For Itself After A Few Weeks.
Based on normal fees for the tests delivered, a Digital Pulse Analyzer will pay for itself within a few weeks of use, meaning that the machine will be helping your patients and providing steady income for many years to come.
Important Tool for Prognosis
Measuring the arterial pulse wave and using this to estimate the characteristics of the blood vessel walls and pulsatile function of arteries means that the practitioner has important prognostic and therapeutic information far beyond what can be obtained through traditional blood pressure measurements.
You able to are provide your high-cardio-risk patients with a clear picture of their risk factors well in advance of serious or even life threatening events.
- Early detection of stiffness in the arterial wall
- Biological age of the patients arteries
- Information regarding best treatment choices
- Ability to monitor the arterial wall response to lifestyle/health changes
- Prognosis and thus reduction of of cardiovascular risk factors